Position: Development Associate
NCHV is seeking a Development Associate. This hard working, energetic individual will be an active member of the NCHV team, focused in on strategically strengthening financial support to advance the organization and our network’s goals and objectives. This position reports to the Chief Executive Officer.
The Development Associate will be responsible for the following essential activities:
- Create and implement a targeted fundraising strategy and development calendar in collaboration with CEO;
- Manage and audit data within the Donor Perfect database to track all donations, in-kind, and contract revenue; and keep donor email listserv up to date;
- Database notes from development outreach;
- Coordinate donor acknowledgement processes, in partnership with administrative staff;
- Conduct donor research and prospecting, major donor cultivation, donor communication (e-updates, annual appeal, donor acknowledgments, annual report, etc.), foundation outreach and engagement, web and social media content development, and fundraiser event planning;
- Draft written solicitation, acknowledgement and stewardship materials for both large and small-scale outreach
- Plan and coordinate appeal campaigns;
- Federal, foundation, and/or corporate grant and/or contract writing & reporting in collaboration with the NCHV leadership team;
- Work with communications staff and team to develop effective program messaging for external publication;
- Represent the organization at fundraising and/or local homeless veteran events;
- Support planning and preparation for NCHV’s Annual Conference, particularly with regard to conference sponsorships and exhibitors; and
- Other administrative and fundraising duties as required.
- Desired Skills and Experience Include:
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to take ownership of routine tasks and special projects as assigned
- Ability to work on independent projects and collaborate with team members
- Strong planning and organizational skills with the ability to manage time effectively
- Familiarity with homeless services, veteran programs, and military service preferred
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Three to five years of demonstrated nonprofit development experience required
Compensation and Location:
This position is based in Washington, DC. NCHV offers health and life insurance, holidays, a retirement plan, and a collegial office environment. Salary range: $49,000 -$59,000, commensurate with experience.
Email a cover letter, resume, and a writing sample that is no longer than two pages to email@example.com with “Development Associate” in the subject line. Applications received without these materials WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.