Position: Program Associate
NCHV is seeking a dynamic, full-time Program Associate to enhance our work around affordable housing development. This hard working individual will identify, catalog, and disseminate best practices around affordable housing development for veterans. Successful candidates would be excellent researchers and writers, have the skills to convey information through writing, graphics, and visual storytelling, and know how to turn complex ideas into impactful and concise narratives. This position reports to the Chief Executive Officer.
The Program Associate will be responsible for the following essential activities:
- Maintaining a working knowledge of affordable housing development practices and policies across the country;
- Understanding the needs of veterans experiencing or at-risk of homelessness;
- Identifying creative ways to catalog & disseminate best practices;
- Creation of materials related to affordable housing including quarterly newsletter, products related to annual conference, and other grant deliverables including podcast episodes, reports, toolkits, and training documents as needed;
- Supporting community-based technical assistance focused on advancing housing opportunities for veterans experiencing homelessness;
- Authoring original articles for the NCHV print newsletter and e-newsletter;
- Supporting NCHV operations by providing excellent customer service to homeless, veterans, grantees, federal staff, and other partners; and
- Representing the organization at local homeless veteran events.
Desired Skills and Experience Include:
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to take ownership of routine tasks and special projects as assigned
- Ability to work on independent projects and collaborate with team members
- Strong planning and organizational skills with the ability to manage time effectively
- Familiarity with housing development and tax credits required
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 3-5 years relevant experience required
Compensation and Location:
This position is based in Washington, DC. NCHV offers health, short-term disability and life insurance, holidays, a retirement plan, and a collegial office environment. Salary range: $48,000 – $63,000, commensurate with experience.
Email a cover letter, resume, and a writing sample that is no longer than two pages to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Program Associate” in the subject line. Applications received without these materials WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.